Krakow is Poland’s top tourist destination therefore it has a great amount of hotels. If you would like to stay close to the city center, it is better to book your stay in advance. The Old Town and Kazimierz have a great selection of accommodation from budget to premium. For the best deal please use the below search box that will redirect your to our partner site.
Krakow for many, is the main focus of their trip to Poland. With enticing architecture, culture, and beauty that it boasts across various sites, including Wawel Castle and St Mary’s Basilica, as well as unique offerings such as the infamous Wieliczka Salt Mine, Krakow is a ‘must see’ Polish city.
Accommodation in Krakow is varied and diverse. You can choose exactly the style you are looking for, within your price range. The majority of accommodation is hotel based, but there are other options if you look a little closer. Krakow welcomes guests with a contemporary urban feel sitting comfortably alongside a classic charm, a welcome that is warm and true to the Polish heart. Whether you’re staying in a top of the range hotel and taking in the sites, or staying in a hostel for a stag weekend, you can be sure of a wonderful stay.
Hotels in Krakow
- Hampton by Hilton Krakow – An excellent mid-range 3 star hotel in the heart of Krakow. Just five minutes from the popular Tauron Arena, it is great if you are visiting the Krakow Expos Trade Fair and Plaza Shopping Centre, but also only a 10 minute drive to the centre of the Old Town. This is a modern, clean and comfortable hotel with all the mod-cons you need. There’s 24hr reception on hand. The Kazimierz, the old Jewish Quarter, is just 2.5 miles from the hotel.
- Hotel Royal – Hotel Royal is a popular place to stay, situated in the Old Town, just 200 yards from the infamous Wawel Castle. The rooms are spacious and airy, decorated in a classic style. The hotel building is a striking Art Nouveau piece of architecture, and fits in well with its surrounding area. You’re a short walk from the Main Market Square with its collection of cafes, restaurants and bars. The restaurants on site are modern and attractive, yet serve a good mix of traditional Polish cuisine. There is a 24hr reception, with helpful staff.
- Aparthotel Stare Miasto – A wonderfully modern and spacious offering in an historic building. Right in the heart of Krakow’s Old Town, a short distance from the Main Market Square, you’ll be in the heart of the city. With free Wi-Fi and air-conditioning throughout, and a striking interior, equipped with its own restaurant and bar, this is a unique and comfortable option in Krakow. A hybrid between hotel and apartment, you have your own kitchenette.
- Blue Aparthotel – Functional and clean, this is an affordable offering just a short walk from the Main Market Square and railway station. Rooms are bright and airy, with private bathrooms and tea and coffee making facilities. With 24/7 reception, there’s always someone on hand to help.
- Sheraton Grand Krakow – Plush with exceptional service, this luxury hotel is just 40 yards from the River, and an 8 minute walk from Wawel Castle. Expect luxury and style with everyone you know and love from a Sheraton. The Olive restaurant is popular and offers wonderful dining options in an impressive setting. There is also a Vodka Bar on site, and a more relaxed Tex-Mex café/bar. With an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness suite, relaxation is expected. There is a 24hr front desk.
- PURO Krakow Stare Miasto – A short distance from the Main Square, is this modern 5-star luxury hotel with light airy décor and comfortable accommodation. Air-conditioning and Wi-Fi are given, and each room is equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. There is under-floor heating in the bedrooms, and the bathrooms are functional yet luxurious. At the heart of the hotel is a relaxing lounge, and the brasserie on site is a wonderful place to recharge before or after a day of seeing the sites. It is just 200 yards from the station.
- Kubus Hotel Krakow – Nestled in a quiet location, this 4-star hotel is still central to Krakow, and adjacent to the river. There is an enticing rooftop pool, and a hot tub with spectacular views of the city. The rooms are air-conditioned and kitted out to the highest standard. Food at the hotel is a mixture of European and modern Polish. English-speaking staff are on hand 24-7 and very welcoming. Also on site is a fitness suite, sauna and steam room. Included in your stay are river boat cruises between April and September.
- Aparthotel Vanilla – A popular, and well-reviewed, hotel where rooms are equipped with kitchenette facilities. This is an upmarket hybrid between hotel and self-catering. The bathrooms are truly luxurious. There is a relaxed and informal terrace, and a restaurant serving Italian and Polish fare. The ground floor of the hotel is a small shopping centre, and there is a tram stop right outside.
- Campanile Cracovie – A comfortable 3-star hotel in the centre of Krakow’s Old Town, adjacent to Planty Park. The rooms are spacious and air-conditioned with Wi-Fi available in public areas. Breakfast is on a buffet basis, and there is a restaurant on site serving French and international dishes. The main Krakow sites, such as St Mary’s Basilica, are within walking distance.
- Hotel Europejski – A short distance from the heart of Krakow, this is a classically decorated hotel with comfort and elegance in mind. The rooms are beautiful and equipped with all mod-cons, as well as being eminently comfortable. The on-site restaurant is well-liked for its modern Polish cuisine. Also on-site is a bar/pub and beauty and spa centre. The 24hr reception is on hand to help as needed.
- Hotel Gródeck – Hotel Gródeck is a gorgeous 5-star boutique hotel in the Old Town. It’s in a quiet location and exudes charm. Each room is individually designed and comes with everything you need for a luxury stay. With under floor heating, kettles, free mineral water, and newspapers, the service here is impeccable. The restaurant on site serves a wonderful breakfast as well as modern Polish food. The 24hr reception staff are professional yet friendly. Just a 3 minute walk from St Mary’s Basilica, this is a wonderful place to stay in Krakow.
- Bonerowski Palace – Right on the Market Square, this is an aparthotel offering the best of both worlds. The rooms are spacious and airy, with comfortable seating and a desk. There is wet-dry sauna on site. Breakfast is buffet-style, and the Gourmet Steak and Fish Restaurant is popular in the evenings. There is a glorious garden for watching the life in the Market Square go by.
- Hotel Dwór Kościuszko – In a quiet spot within the Park, this hotel has beautiful rooms which are air-conditioned, and have free Wi-Fi. The hotel restaurant specialises in Polish cuisine, and has a delightful summer terrace. It’s a short drive to the heart of the city.
- Radisson Blu Krakow – A popular luxury 5-star hotel a short walk from the Market Square and Wawel Castle. The rooms are decorated to a high standard, and guests have access to a sauna and fitness club. Facilities are luxury, rooms are well-appointed, and there are some wonderful eating options on-site. This is a family-friendly hotel with bath toys and cosmetics for children. There is a 24hr front desk.
- Amber Hotel Krakow – A mid-range 3 star hotel just a short walk from the centre of town, housed within a 19th Century tenement house, on a quiet street. It’s a popular and well-liked hotel, with well-appointed comfortable rooms. A sauna is available for guests to use, and a 24hr front desk. There is also a Club Room with a library.
Self-Catering and Apartments in Krakow
- Krak Apartments: If you’re looking for self-catering in Krakow, these apartments should be high on your considered list of options. Just 750 yards from the Galeria Krakowska, St Mary’s Basilica, and Adam Mickiewicz Monument. There’s free Wi-Fi and each apartment is equipped with comfortable seating and dining areas. You’ll also find all kitchenette facilities needed, and some are fitted with a dishwasher. Towels are included. These apartments are modern and comfortable, and perfectly equipped.
- Fresh Apartments – Less than a 10 minute walk from the Market Square are Fresh apartments where you will find a contemporary self-catering option. There is free Wi-Fi throughout, and all apartments are kitted out to a high standard, with a useful kitchenette. The apartments are in a quiet street, a short distance from Planty Park, and various excursions can be arranged via the staff.
- Pergamin Apartments – Only 50 yards from the Main Square are these uniquely decorated Pergamin Apartments which offer air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, DVD player, refrigerator, and minibar. There is a nightclub on site and staff are available 24-7. In addition, there is a summer garden.
- Krakow For You Apartments – In the Old Town, these popular self-catering apartments offer free Wi-Fi and spacious interiors. The kitchenettes are well-equipped, and the staff at the front desk, are welcoming and happy to help.
- Antique Apartments – Situated in the heart of the Old Town in a renovated 19th Century building, these apartments offer self-catering luxury in the centre of Krakow. Guests have a well-appointed apartment with kitchenette and seating area. The décor is captivating and unique in an antique style.
Camping in Krakow
- Camping Clepardia – Just outside of the city, and open from April until October, is Camping Clepardia, a comfortable and welcoming site. There is 24/7 security, and excellent facilities including showers, toilets, kitchens, and laundry. Wi-Fi on the site is free. The campsite is 200m from a bus stop with access to the centre of the city. Nearby are restaurants, a park with a playground, a supermarket, and summer swimming pool.
- Camping Smok – A large campsite, close to the city centre, which is accessible by bus. A wooded site, with slightly sloping grounds, there are some wonderful shaded spots. Rooms are also available to rent.
- Camping Adam – A beautiful campsite right on the banks of the Vistula River. It’s adjacent to the Hotel Eva, and benefits from the use of its facilities and sports club. Public transport is available nearby, putting the city centre in easy reach. You can even use the water tram in the summer months. A peaceful site welcoming campers and caravans.
Hostels in Krakow
- Premium Hostel – At the upper end of the hostel market, this comfortable and modern hostel offers many of the features of a hotel, alongside the hostel facilities of a communal kitchen and lounge area. There is free Wi-Fi throughout, and a variety of rooms. It’s very close to the Old Town.
- Atlantis Hostel – An affordable option in the heart of Krakow, between the Old Town and Kazimierz, there is a mix of rooms and dormitories available. With free Wi-Fi, comfortable clean and bold décor, with staff on hand 24/7. The hostel is just 750 yards from Wawel Castle.
- Hostel Faust – Hostel Faust is in Krakow’s Old Town and offers comfortable home-from-home accommodation, with rooms ranging in size from twin to 9 people. Rooms have use of a kitchenette, and shared bathrooms and showers. Linen is included. There is a common room and guest balcony, and breakfast is available. The reception is open 24/7.
- Flamingo Hostel – A bright welcoming hostel in a vibrant pedestrian street in the Old Town. In an old 17th Century building, and renovated, this is a funky and relaxed place to stay very close to the Market Square.
- Dizzy Daisy Hostel – Well-appointed, and beautifully decorated, this is a great hostel just 10 minutes from the Market Square on a quiet street. It’s an old 19th Century tenement house with both dorms and private rooms, and even apartments with private bathrooms and kitchens. There is luggage storage, a safe, bed linen and laundry on site, as well as multilingual staff. The common room is a popular spot and there is an all-night store nearby.
- The Secret Garden Hostel – In the Kazimierz District is the friendly and beautifully decorated Secret Garden Hostel. There are budget rooms and apartments here, with free Wi-Fi throughout. A short walk from the Vistula River Bank, and Wawel Castle. On-site is a well-equipped communal kitchen and dining area, but you can have the buffet breakfast as well. There is also a communal TV room.