Where to Stay in Zakopane
Zakopane is a nature lover’s paradise, and a destination well worth visiting. Whether you’re coming for hiking or skiing in the Tatra Mountains, or simply to take in the staggering beauty of Morskie Oko lake, or the panoramic views that exist in abundance, you’ll need to choose accommodation to suit your particular needs and budget. Zakopane accommodation tends to be a range of self-catering ski chalet style lodges, apartments, and, generally, small to mid-size hotels. You can expect warm and intimate welcomes, and a relaxed atmosphere.
The majority of accommodation in Zakopane caters for skiers with ski and snowboard stores. Airport transfers can usually be arranged, as well as access to ski lifts if a little further afield. Nonetheless, Zakopane is also worth visiting in the summer months, when the area takes on a different feel.
Hotels in Zakopane
- Rezydencja Nosalowy Dwór – A splendid 5 star hotel in a peaceful location on the outside of town. You can ski directly to the door and the hotel has its own ski school, and kid’s club. There is an indoor pool, spa and fitness centre. Facilities and rooms are modern and bright. There is a bar and three restaurants on site.
- Villa Nova – Villa Nova is a stunning hotel with stylish alpine décor. The rooms are modern with en suite facilities as well as their own fridge. The hotel is in a central location.
- Art & Spa Hotel – A luxurious 4 star boutique hotel in the heart of Zakopane. The hotel occupies a previous small palace dating since 1912 and the décor retains this regal feel.
- Hotel Logos – A grand looking 3 star hotel just 350 yards from Kuprowki Street. There is a spa on site with steam rooms and sauna, as well as gym facilities. The sun terrace is a popular relaxation spot in the summer months. 24hr reception staff are on hand.
- Aparthotel Bambi – Highly rated and popular, the Aparthotel is a small and intimate hotel very close to skiing access. Comfort is prioritised and there is a shared lounge for guest use.
- Hotel Murowinica – A good quality family-friendly 3 star hotel with an indoor pool, children’s playground, and sauna. There is a restaurant on site. Rooms are clean and welcoming.
- Residence Bambi Boutique – Spacious rooms, and wooden style, welcome you at this small boutique hotel. Many of the rooms have a balcony with stunning views of the mountains. There is a designated indoor soft play area for young children, and a BBQ area for all guests.
- Willa Rajka – A large wooden chalet style house just 0.8 miles from the Nosal ski lift. Rooms are comfortable and functional with modern facilities. Breakfast is enjoyed within the hotel, or in the lovely garden if preferred.
- Villa 11 Folk & Design – This characterful boutique hotel has stunning alpine décor that invites you to relax and unwind, paired with wonderful service and beautiful views from many of the balconies. There is a sauna on site, and fundamentally this is a relaxing and peaceful place to stay, around a 15 minute walk from the centre of Zakopane.
- Walkowy Dwor – This small hotel offers quiet place to stay with a spa on site and fabulous views of the Tatras. There is a bar for guests, as well as a welcoming restaurant. Rooms are comfortable and stylish.
- Apartamenty Rubin – A good standard hotel with classic rooms with a seating area and balcony. There is a restaurant and bar on site and you are able to make use of the hot tub, steam bath, or sauna for an additional charge. The hotel is on the edge of the town, around 1.5 miles from the centre.
- Amata – Amata is a classic and comfortable hotel in a quiet spot not far from Krupowki Street. There is a central lounge with log fire, and bedrooms are classically decorated with wood panelling.
Chalets, Self-Catering, and Apartments in Zakopane
- Pokoje I Domki Góralskie Javorina – A stay here is an absolute delight with wooden rustic chalet style lodges run on a hotel-style basis. Just a short distance from the centre of Zakopane with all the creature comforts you expect, such as Wi-Fi, TV and private facilities, this is a unique place to stay. There is a restaurant on site.
- Mountain Shelter Chalet – A short distance from the centre of the town, these chalets are done out in a regional style that is cosy and comforting. There is a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, kitchenette with fridge and stove. There is ski lift just 0.6 miles away.
- Comfort & Spa Stara Polana Apartments – Chic white style exudes from this modern alpine hotel which is very close to the Zakopane Water Park. Rooms have their own kitchenette and guests have access to the spa and sauna.
- Willa Gusia Apartments – These apartments make for a stylish ‘home from home’ around 0.7miles from the nearest ski lift. Apartments have their own TV and kitchenette with dishwasher and fridge, some have their own balcony. There is a sauna for guests to use.
- TWW Zakopane Apartments – With friendly staff on hand you’ll be sure of a warm welcome at these apartments, not far from either the centre of town, or the nearest ski lift. Apartments are roomy with all the mod-cons you expect, as well as access to laundry facilities.
- Rezydencja Na Szymoszkowej – With a welcoming garden and a homely feel, the accommodation here is wonderful year round. Each unit has a kitchenette and private bathroom facilities, and some have a dining area or balcony. On site is a hot tub and BBQ facilities.
- Apartamenty Centrum Zakopane – High level self-catering accommodation with free Wi-Fi just a short walk from the centre of Zakopane. Apartments are furnished to a high standard with well-equipped kitchenettes.
- Apartamenty Snow & Fun – Exceptionally high standards are the order of the day at these bright and stylish apartments. On the edge of the town centre, and around 1 mile from Nosal ski lift, it’s in a perfect location. Your apartment is equipped with a kitchenette complete with coffee grinder and complimentary coffee, and either a mountain or garden view.
Camping in Zakopane
- Ustup – A basic yet friendly family run site 4 km from the centre of Zakopane situated in the Zakopianka and Olczyski rivers. Caravans and tents are both welcome. It can be crowded at the height of the season and facilities are basic.
- Pod Krowią – A relaxing yet popular campsite on the edge of the Tatra National Park. It is both a caravan and tent site, but also has some cottages available. It’s adjacent to a sports complex with an indoor pool and other facilities.
Hostels in Zakopane
- Goodbye Lenin Hostel – A hostel for winter sports enthusiasts. Just a short walk to the slopes, and their own small area for practicing jumps or for a spot of tobogganing. It’s got a cosy wooden lodge feel, perfect for enjoying a glass of mulled wine. They can organise ski and snowboard lesson and have lots of Apres Ski events throughout the week such as free hot beer and pierogi.
- Top Hostel – A bright and welcoming hostel with both dorms and private rooms. This is a place for both summer and winter, and a whole heap of fun. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Sheets included but you will need to hire towels, or bring your own.
- MTB Hostel – A small hostel with 10 rooms with 2, 3, or 4 beds. There are two kitchens and a common room with Wi-Fi access. Cyclists will find a place for storing or hiring bikes over the spring and summer. Outside there is volleyball and a fireplace and BBQ grill. Various events are organised.